Helpful Audition Resources & Tips
- CAA's Blog - follow our blog. We'll be adding to it regularly, sharing our perspectives on everything from interview red flags, to group vocal warm-ups, to surviving a particularly demanding audition process.
- Joyce DiDonato's Audition Advice for Young Singers - With excellent commentary from Claudia Friendlander, who makes important points regarding preparation and repertoire selection.
- Ingo Titze's Straw Exercise - Ingo Titze, a renowned vocal scientist, demonstrates an easy technique that uses a simple straw for hard-working voices. We have found this simple exercise invaluable, for restoring vocal cords to optimum function. We only wish that we had discovered it sooner!
- Renee Fleming Works with Students at Juilliard - The wonderful Renee Fleming, perhaps the leading soprano of our time, offers excellent insights to voice students in a master class at Juilliard.
- RecMusic Lieder Net Archive - this reference archive of texts and translations of art songs is a wonderful resource for young classical singers, who are required to sing convincingly in multiple languages, and may find this intimidating.